It's Wednesday. We are half way through the work week - can I get an Amen? I mean - don't get me wrong - I love my job, but everyone loves Saturdays. Right?
I put this recipe together the other night because I was craving something sweet, but I wasn't trying to break the calorie bank. That's one of my major problems. I have to have a sweet treat at night, but I don't really have the calories to use on something big. Enter this quick treat - because I happened to have all of these random ingredients in the house. Although this barely needs a recipe (because it's that easy), it might just give you a quick treat idea that you may have never tried.
- 3 ounces of 72% cacao dark chocolate (I used this one)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. pepitas
- 1 Tbsp. Craisins
- 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- Melt chocolate bar and coconut oil in a double boiler
- Lay piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- One chocolate is melted, place 1 Tbsp. chocolate on the parchment paper and top with Craisins, pepitas, and slivered almond. Repeat to make 12 chocolate circles
- Freeze for 1 hour
- If you don't immediately eat them all, store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator
My calorie estimates show about 50 calories per circle - perfect for after dinner treat!