I’m back – have you all missed me? Have you been wondering if I fell off the face of the Earth? I didn’t fall off the face of the Earth but I did take a dream vacation to Greece. My husband and I spent 11 glorious days in Italy and cruising the Mediterranean into Greece. It was so relaxing and just what we needed. When we came home, I immediately started a new job – so you can say things have been a bit crazy. I’ve now been at my new jobs for about 4 weeks; I am an instructor at a local community college. I absolutely love it. It’s taken me a bit of time trying to adjust to a new work schedule and juggle my 2 part-time jobs – let alone create new recipes for my blog. But, this week, I finally got back to it and I can’t wait to share more delicious, gut-friendly recipes with you.
Since I now teach at night, 2 times per week, I have been trying to get all of my breakfast and lunches packed and ready to go on Sunday. I have succeeded thus far and as I am typing this I am eating the lunch recipe I am about to share with you. Try making this recipe for lunch next week – it’ll hit the spot every time.
FYI - FODMAPers - canned lentils are lower in FODMAPs than dry lentils because GOS is water soluble so the FODMAPs leach out into the water. Buy canned lentils and be sure to rinse them. Oh, and the cut off is 1/2 cup of lentils per meal so this recipe is just perfect!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 14-ounce can of lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 orange segmented and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped and wilted on the stove top
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, and mustard together and set aside.
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients, except spinach, in a separate bowl.
- Place the spinach in a skillet on the stove top. Add 1 Tbsp. of water and allow it to wilt.
- After the spinach is wilted, add it to the quinoa mixture and drizzle with vinaigrett