I am always looking for a new vegetarian lunch idea. This week, I went back to work after being off for winter break for a month. I was so excited to get back in to the swing of things - meal prep included. My husband and I have been going out to eat more frequently since I was on break. The holidays were so busy that I didn't have time to meal plan and grocery shop. This week, it's a different story.
Here is a peek at my lunch & snacks this week. I packed my Peanut Miso patties, aruglua with champagne vinegar and olive oil, a Chobani Flip, mozzarella stick, blueberries, banana, and a hard boiled egg. This lunch is of course, lower in FODMAPs, but contains some FODMAPs with my yogurt.
The feature of this meal is these peanut patties. I adapted this recipe from a fantastic cookbook. I cut the garlic and onion which made the patties lack the zing they needed. I fixed that by serving them with arugula drizzled with champagne vinegar. The champagne vinegar on the salad, really made the peanut-ty goodness of the patties pop.
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa flakes or ground oats
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 egg
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Place peanuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until ground. Transfer ground peanuts to a bowl and mix in cooked rice, quinoa flakes, scallions, oregano, and thyme. Mix well.
2. Place the miso in a medium bowl and add the hot water to it. Stir until the miso has dissolved.
3. Add the miso mixture to the peanut mixture. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Add the egg to the mixture and stir to combine
5. Portion the mixture into 6 patties
6. Heat the olive oil in a pan until it shimmers. Panfry the patties for about 5-6 minutes per side.
Enjoy these patties over a bed of arugula tossed with champagne vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.