Fun Fact #1 - I really love Girl Scout cookies. More specifically, I really love Thin Mints. A little girl came knocking at my door a month or so ago, so of course I bought cookies from her.
Fun Fact #2 – I love Yasso bars. Have you ever had them? They have so many delicious flavors - and guess what? I can pronounce all of the ingredients! My favorites are the Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Sea Salt Caramel.
The other day, the Thin Mints were calling my name from the freezer. As I was reaching for my third, errr, fourth Thin Mint of the day, I decided that it would be amazing to make a Thin Mint shake using a Yasso bar. I wanted to create something that tasted just as good as a Thin Mint, but make it way better for me.
Note: This recipe is not completely void of FODMAPs. If you are sensitive to dairy, you may run into trouble with the Yasso Bar or the whipped cream.
- ¾ cup milk (I used Fair Life because it's lactose free!)
- ½ banana
- 1 Yasso Mint Chocolate Chip bar
- ½ scoop chocolate protein powder
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- ½ Tbsp. Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 Thin Mint (optional, but strongly encouraged)
- Whipped Cream (optional, but strongly encouraged)
- Blend together all ingredients except the Thin Mint and Whipped cream.
- Once blended, top with the Thin Mint and whipped cream