I know when you signed up for this blog you weren't thinking you would see so many Mediterranean titled recipes. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I like to create new recipes and I also like to eat new recipes. It's really a win-win for me.
It's probably fair to say that you have heard of quinoa before. You've probably eaten it and had one of two thoughts. Thought #1: I love quinoa so much and I am going to put it in every recipe, or, Thought #2: Quinoa tastes like dirt.
If you are a person with thought #1, I am here to help you out and provide you with another recipe for your quinoa arsenal. If you are a person with thought #2, I am here to change your mind. See, because, luckily for you, this recipe doesn't taste like dirt.
This recipe turns quinoa into a flavorful patty packed with nutrient dense ingredients. The dill, feta, and touch of sun-dried tomatoes are the flavorful ingredients while the quinoa and eggs are just there as the binders. This recipe is great when it's served with steamed spinach or a side salad.
- 1/2 cup quinoa (tri-color or white), cooked
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled & shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dill, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. bread crumbs (FODMAPers, use gluten free)
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- Once you have shredded the zucchini, wring it out in a paper towel to get rid of most of the water.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, zucchini, feta, sun-dried tomato, dill, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 patties - if the patties are too wet, add more breadcrumbs (this just depends on how much water you squeezed out of the zucchini).
- Heat the 1 Tbsp. of EVOO in a large skillet, cook the patties about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- Enjoy while hot.
Optional Easy Dill Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Bubbie's dill pickle (or other dill pickle brand of your choice), chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dill, chopped
Mix all ingredients together. Top patties with sauce.