Do you ever wish you could find a quick, healthy, sweet snack? How about a quick, healthy, sweet snack that involves coffee? Nearly impossible, right? That is until you stopped by my blog! This recipe is a real winner, a coffee-vanilla-nutty flavored winner.
This recipe calls for 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder. My absolute favorite is Tera's Whey; I used the vanilla bourbon flavor. This product does contain milk, so if you are sensitive to dairy, choose a brand that is dairy free. If you have protein powder on hand and it's not flavored, simply add more vanilla extract to this recipe.
My calorie estimates show that these about 70 calories per bite. They are perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up or an after exercise snack.
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (or more to taste)
- Chop nuts in food processor.
- Transfer into a large bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients with the maple syrup being the last .
- Mix well (I used my hands) and roll into bite size balls.
- Coat bites with extra protein powder.
- Makes about 20 bites.
- Store in refrigerator to maintain freshness.